Our agency is committed to assuming the privacy of an individual and/or families who have contacted us for assistance. We assure you that all information shared orally and in writing will be managed within the legal and ethical considerations. Your "personal financial information", such as your total debt information, income, living expenses, and personal information concerning your financial circumstances will be provided to creditors and, possibly others with your specific authorization.
We may also use aggregated case file information for the purpose of evaluating our services, gathering valuable research information and designing future programs. Your anonymity will be maintained by the use of your client number or by using aggregate data in all circumstances.
In all other situations, your information may be released to appropriate individuals or agencies ONLY UPON YOUR WRITTEN REQUEST OR when our staff has been served by a valid subpoena.
The following PRIVACY PRACTICES detail circumstances under which we will release your information to a third party:
- We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about our customers or former customers to anyone except as permitted by law.
- We may compile data and aggregate information that you give to us but, this information may not be disclosed in a manner that would personally identify you in any way.
- We may disclose some or all of the information we collect as described below, to creditors or third parties that you have authorized or who need this information in order for us to assist you after a counseling session.
- We may disclose all of the information that we collect as described below, to creditors and related financial institutions that need this information in order to put you on a debt solver program (DSP).
- We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide services to you. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.
- We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we received from you on our applications or other forms you provide;
- Information about your transactions with us, your creditors or others; and
- Information we receive from a credit reporting agency.
- We may disclose the following kinds of nonpublic personal information about you:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms such as your name, address, social security number, assets and income;
- Information about your transactions with us, your creditors or others such as your account balance, payment history, parties to transactions and credit card usage; and
- Information we receive from a credit reporting agency, such as your credit history.
RELEASE: I hereby authorize this Credit Counseling Agency to release all nonpublic information it obtains about me to (1) my creditors and (2) any third parties necessary to resolve the matter(s) discussed during my counseling session.
I further RELEASE and authorize all of my creditors to provide nonpublic information about me to this Credit Counseling Agency.